Tipperary Archive

Welcome to Tipperary Studies.
Home of local studies research for Tipperary County Council Library Service.

The Local Studies Department is the primary resource for local history research in County Tipperary for historians and enthusiasts. It has a dedicated reading room with modern research facilities.

Browse Items (2890 total)

Paddy Loughnane 24_008.jpg
Black and white image derived from a glass plate negative of an unknown girl sitting on a chair. No date

Paddy Loughnane photos_012.jpg
black and white imat of some of the Ryan 'Wattie' family around a table in Mitchel Street. 1960s

Paddy Loughnane photos_003.jpg
Black and white photographic image of the Ryan 'Wattie' family gathered at a dining table in Mitchel street, Thurles. 1960s

Paddy Loughnane photos_002.jpg
Black and white Photographic image of Judy Ryan 'Wattie' and her parents sitting on a garden wall in Sean Treacy Avenue, Loughtagalla, Thurles. 1960s

Shanbally Castle.jpg
A black and white image derived from a printed postcard of Shanbally Castle, Clogheen, Co. Tipperary. The castle was built for the first Viscount Lismore around 1810 and was designed by John Nash. It was acquired by the Land Commission in 1954 and…

Rockwell postcard002.jpg
Black and white printed postcard of the Rockwell College rugby team. Winners of the Munster School's Cup. Back row: J.Horgan, J. Power, W. Cahill, W. Blackburn, P. Stokes, F. Fitzgerald. Middle row; P. Heffernan, P.Kennedy, M. Egan, P. Salmon, D.…

176A River Suir at Clonmel looking east, 31 Oct 1927.jpg
Black and white photographic image of a view of the River Suir at Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. 31 October 1927

175F Reafadda, near Hollyford showing shaft of old copper mines, 5 Oct 1927.jpg
Black and white photographic image of two boys standing at the base of a chimney from the old copper mines at Reafadda, a remnant of the Hollyford Copper mines. 5 October 1927

175E Reafadda, near Hollyford showing shaft of old copper mines, 5 Oct 1927.jpg
Black and white photographic image of a boy standing on a hillock by an old copper mine chimney at Reafadda near Hollyford. Built c.1850 a remnant of the Hollyford Copper mines in Co. Tipperary. 5 October 1927

175D Kilnamanagh Hills from Turaheen Upper, 5 Oct 1927.jpg
Black and white photographic image of Kilnamanagh Hills from Turaheen Upper, Co. Tipperary. 5 October 1927
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2