Tipperary Archive

Welcome to Tipperary Studies.
Home of local studies research for Tipperary County Council Library Service.

The Local Studies Department is the primary resource for local history research in County Tipperary for historians and enthusiasts. It has a dedicated reading room with modern research facilities.

Browse Items (10 total)

Dunamore Club.jpg
Colour image of Donoughmore Club on Nelson Street. A terraced 3 bay 3 storey house built circa 1770.

Extracts from will of John Cooke respecting Garrengrene 1797.pdf
Copy of extracts from John Cooks will bequeathing a lifetime interest in the rents of Garrengrene, Cohane and Curroughkeal Co. Tipperary to his grandson John Cooke son of Samuel Cooke (deceased) excepting £10 annually to his brother Joseph Cooke.…

Marriage articles Peter Cooke 1735.pdf
Manuscript document detailing the marriage settlement of Peter Cooke (Dublin) and Elizabeth Shewbridge (Dublin) concerning the lease of 500 acres of Garrengrena in Co. Tipperary from John Damer. 1735

Lease of Garrengrene 1778.pdf
Lease of Dohane, Garrengrena from Rev Peter Cooke, Dublin to Joseph Cooke the younger, Doughane (farmer) for 999 years. 1778

Lease of Foyle Cohane 1778.pdf
1778 lease of 65 acres of Foyle Cohane in Garrengrena for 999 years between Rev. Peter Cooke (Dublin) and John Cook merchant (Borrisoleigh)

Lease of Dohane 1783.pdf
The 1783 lease of Dohane between Nicholas Biddulph of Borrisoleigh and John Kennedy of Fishmoyne with reference to a Cooke interest for 999 years.

Lease Foyle Coohane 1779.pdf
Manuscript document assigning the lease of 21 acres of Foyle Coohane in the Barony of Kilnamanagh for 996 years to Peter Cooke of Clonbeg, Co. Tipperary. 27 Dec 1779

Indenture for Foyle Cohane 1784.pdf
Manuscript document detailing the assignment of a lease on Foyle Cohane between John Cooke and John Kennedy. the document includes notes on how the lease came into the property of John Cooke. 1784.

Account of Grene family.pdf
Manuscript account of the Grene family from their origions in England to their arrival and establishment in Ireland during the 1600s including a copy of an earlier document by George Grene in 1818. By Hannah Katherine Grene. March 28th 1847

Four Courts Dublin 1960.jpg
Colour image of the Gandon designed 18th century Four Courts building Dublin 1960
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2