Tipperary Archive

Welcome to Tipperary Studies.
Home of local studies research for Tipperary County Council Library Service.

The Local Studies Department is the primary resource for local history research in County Tipperary for historians and enthusiasts. It has a dedicated reading room with modern research facilities.

Browse Items (7594 total)

Album first page showing handwritten name address and date.jpg
first page of album. Name and address and date. John Sharkey, 44 Gladstone Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. May 1921

Reception room Portland Park.jpg
Black and white image of a furnished Reception room Portland Park County Tipperary

letter fragment 1765_002.jpg
A receipt by order of John Purcel 31 December 1765. Signed by Peter White

Hospital of the Assumption rear block.jpg
A view of the rear of the last block at the Hospital of the Assumption, Thurles, Co. Tipperary

Rear-of-houses-on-OConnell-Street-1980.jpg
A colour photographic image of a view of the rear of terraced houses on O'Connell Street, Clonmel Co. Tipperary. 1980s

Reaping with tractor and old machine.jpg
Colour image of Jim Cormack and John Flanagan, Galbertstown, operating an old reaping machine in an oat field, Newtown Co. Tipperary

Reaping near Holycross.jpg
Colour image of a reaping team of Jim Cormack and John Flanagan cutting oats in a field near Holycross. October 1975

175F Reafadda, near Hollyford showing shaft of old copper mines, 5 Oct 1927.jpg
Black and white photographic image of two boys standing at the base of a chimney from the old copper mines at Reafadda, a remnant of the Hollyford Copper mines. 5 October 1927

175E Reafadda, near Hollyford showing shaft of old copper mines, 5 Oct 1927.jpg
Black and white photographic image of a boy standing on a hillock by an old copper mine chimney at Reafadda near Hollyford. Built c.1850 a remnant of the Hollyford Copper mines in Co. Tipperary. 5 October 1927
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2