Tipperary Archive

Welcome to Tipperary Studies.
Home of local studies research for Tipperary County Council Library Service.

The Local Studies Department is the primary resource for local history research in County Tipperary for historians and enthusiasts. It has a dedicated reading room with modern research facilities.

Browse Items (35 total)

CashPostcards_040.jpg
A black and white postcard of a ruined medieval church at Kilcash, Co. Tipperary. The oldest part is 10th century and the nave is 12th century. The ruins of Kilcash castle are in the background.

CashPostcards_039.jpg
A black and white postcard of a church at Whitechurch, Co. Cork

CashPostcards_038.jpg
A black and white postcard of Kilcash village, Co. Tipperary with the national school on the left.

CashPostcards_037.jpg
A black and white postcard of the village of Grangemockler, Co. Tipperary

CashPostcards_036.jpg
A black and white postcard of the gate lodge to Castle Gurteen-le-Poer Co. Kilkenny built c.1863 as part of the rebuilding works of Count de la Poer when he replaced an earlier house with an Elizabethan revival castle.

CashPostcards_035.jpg
A black and white postcard of the Roman Catholic church at Faugheen, Co. Tipperary

CashPostcards_033.jpg
A black and white postcard of the gate lodge to Castlemorris House, Co. Kilkenny. Built c.1850. The lodge is still extant though the house has been demolished.

CashPostcards_032.jpg
A black and white postcard of the old Protestant church at Fiddown, Co. Kilkenny. Built 1747 now disused.

CashPostcards_031.jpg
A black and white postcard of Mill Street in Kilmaganny, Co. Kilkenny.

CashPostcards_030.jpg
A black and white postcard of the front fa├žade of The Court, Castlemorris, Co. Kilkenny, built by the Vicount Mountmorris around 1750. Sold to the land commission in 1924 it fell into ruin and was eventually demolished in 1978.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2