Tipperary Archive

Welcome to Tipperary Studies.
Home of local studies research for Tipperary County Council Library Service.

The Local Studies Department is the primary resource for local history research in County Tipperary for historians and enthusiasts. It has a dedicated reading room with modern research facilities.

Browse Items (141 total)

056.jpg
A colour photographic image of derelict mill buildings Hughes’ Mill, Old Bridge, Clonmel 1990s

055.jpg
A colour photographic image of old mill buildings Hughes’ Mill, Old Bridge, Clonmel 1990s

057.jpg
A colour photographic image of plaque on Kickham Barracks wall, Clonmel. 1993

058.jpg
A colour photographic image of Kickham St. omniplex Construction, Clonmel 1993

059.jpg
A colour photographic image of Kickham St. omniplex Construction, Clonmel 1993

061.jpg
A colour photographic image of part of the Suir River called Lady Blessington’s Bath at Clonmel. 1990s

062.jpg
A colour photographic image of a weir on the Suir River at Lady Blessington’s Bath, Old Bridge,Clonmel. 1990s

064.jpg
A colour photographic image of Larkin’s Hotel, Gladstone St. Clonmel. 1993

065.jpg
A colour photographic image of the Loreto Convent, Coleville Road, Clonmel. Loreto Clonmel was founded in 1881.  originally beside the Suir Island Mills. However in 1889 a fire in the Flour Mills caused extensive damage to the Convent.  In 1889 the…

067.jpg
A colour photographic image of restoration work on the Main Guard, Clonmel. One of the oldest civic buildings in Ireland it was constructed in 1675 as a courthouse for the palatinate of Tipperary. 1990s
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2